Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Traditions at the Table

Do you and your family have any traditions for Valentine's Day?

Roger and I have never really done much to celebrate, but now that the kids are getting older and understand a bit more about it I am trying to be a little more festive. Last year we had pink chocolate chip pancakes with strawberry syrup for breakfast, cut into heart shapes of course. I'm pretty sure I also cut their sandwiches into hearts, too. And we made Roger some chocolate dipped pretzels with heart sprinkles that afternoon.

This year? Not so much. I woke up yesterday with a bad cold and by today I basically feel like I've been steamrolled. Unfortunately, Wyatt remembered those heart pancakes and has been asking about them for days. I'll admit that it was lunch time before I actually got around to making them, but the boys didn't care a bit. I had grand plans of strawberry syrup and mango-cherry smoothies but that didn't exactly pan out, either. 

I couldn't find my camera in time to get a picture of the actual pancakes, but I did get this one of a satisfied little boy...


Have you checked out all the other fun recipes being shared at Tuesdays at the Table? Lots of good stuff happening at everyone's tables!

12 comments:

  1. Look at that super cute happy boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Nothing wrong with pancakes for lunch!! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Your boy does look mighty happy. Sorry you're sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe, feel better - he doesn't look disappointed though so great job mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, hope you feel better soon! Looks like he had a perfect V-day pancake lunch!! So cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pancakes sound great! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but congrats for celebrating the day anyway, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh feel better soon - we spent the day complaining to the kids that Valentine's Day was for adults so they better hurry up and get married! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bum, feel better soon! Glad you had satisfied customers in the end though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, the beautiful face of one satisfied customer! Feel better soon Toni!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say the boy is a happy camper!! When our girls were still at home we did heart shaped food as well, our DD are carrying on the tradition with their children. Now that I am a nanny I just do the V Day sewing for all, love that!! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pancakes are always good food. Especially when they are heart shaped.

    Thanks for sharing your boys with us. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete